Saturday, July 3, 2010

Birthday shirt tutorial

Things have been busy around here! The girls and I went up north for a few days this week to get out of the heat, it was so nice! Busy preparing for a trip to Seattle with the girls and my mom in a few days-
This one has started moving- in earnest! Ugh....
In the meantime, we've had birthday parties! Yesterday our little friend Colby turned six. We've also got a birthday party for one of our little school friends this afternoon. I wanted to share with you my go-to birthday gift (although the girls are getting a little irked that they never give toys-I try to tell them this is better!)
Supplies needed: Blank shirt, Heat N Bond light, scrap fabric, template
Fuse the Heat N Bond to the back of the fabric you wish to applique. Trace around your template number (or letter- initial shirts are way cute, too!) I used Pharmacy font- available at DaFont.
Peel backing off and position the applique onto your shirt. Iron on following Heat N Bond instructions. Stitch around the edges if desired. I use a tiny zig-zag stitch in a corresponding color.
I included a few hair accessories to match. Voila! Perfect for a birthday- or all year round!
Have a great Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment