Monday, June 14, 2010

A little sewing ADD

Since finishing the aprons (she loved them- sadly I didn't photograph them...), I 've decided to do a little selfish sewing. I've had this on the back burner for months, and figured it was time to give it a whirl. It's coming together really nicely.
This was when I had it layed out on the table. I actually couldn't decide on only 12 fabrics, so I have 14. It looks like it's going to end up about twin size. I've got two of the columns together, and am hoping to have the entire topped pieced by the weekend. I'm a little stuck on how to quilt it. I really want to stipple it, but haven't used a free-motion foot before. I've put together some small projects to practice on, and may share them later this week. Most of the fabrics I've chosen are Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks and Flower Garden. A smidge of Amy Butler and Kafe Fassett.
Speaking of quilting, I've got almost all of my I-Spy quilt blocks cut.
These are just a few of my fabrics. I loved the cacti (coming from AZ) however I saw them in the last swap. No biggie, I guess. I also loved the puddles. How random!
I may or may not enter this skirt in Skirt Week. I used this tutorial from Ruffles and Stuff. It was fun and easy! I added a little more volume, because I wanted it a little fuller. It looks really cute on. If I don't finish what I really want to enter (Seersucker and Amy Butler! Just stinks of mint juleps and country clubs- love it!) I will probably enter this one.
Have a great week!
-S

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooooooooh, I am excited to get your package! I LOVE that money print, and the puddles and jewels are super fun, too! :oD

    Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete