Friday, June 18, 2010

Skirt Week Entries!



Aaaahhh.
Skirt week entries submitted. I actually completed this seersucker number with 75 minutes to spare. Who says I'm a procrastinator? In my defense, I thought the deadline was monday...
I really think my 5 year old is going to be a wonderful photographer- she took every single one of these (except the one of her!)



It is basically this OliverandS skirt, with some mods. I added pockets in the same LOVEly Amy Butler fabric. I also made a flat front waist band, with the elastic gathering in the back. I seriously whipped up the whole thing in about 90 minutes, with all three kids clamoring for dinner and bed. I had been working on it in my head for 3 weeks, though! I love pockets- they make it soooo easy to run in anywhere with all 3 kids in tow...


This was with 60 minutes to spare- but hey- who doesn't have time for a little Ring-Around-the-Rosie? (this was not for the photo shoot- we actually played, and then the sprinklers came on, and the big girls and I ran through them- I need to remember to "play" with my kids more!)
I use this tutorial from Ruffles and Stuff to make this skirt- although the technique is the same as the birthday skirt below. So fun and flattering!
Another shot of "Date Night" skirt- I called it this, because even of you gorge yourself at dinner- it's still flattering!
This is Avery's birthday skirt. I made it along with a matching "5" shirt. I have a secret to making this twirly skirt- and plan on sharing it in a tutorial in the next few weeks. She loves this skirt and would wear it everyday if I let her. The birthday shirt is already showing her belly- she has grown over 4 inches in the past year- insane!
Have a great weekend, and be sure to spoil those Daddys in your life on sunday!
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment